Diocese of Miami and the Southeast
2022-23 Scholarship Application
Award of up to $2,500 for each recipient selected.
Application period: June 1 to July 1, 2022.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a current resident of one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing, and regularly attend, a DOMSE parish.
- Applicant must have graduated from high school in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applicant must be accepted and enrolled as a freshman in the Fall 2022 term at a college or university located in one of the states listed above.
The DOMSE Scholarship Committee will review all applications received during the application period of June 1, 2022, to July 1, 2022.
The award recipient(s) will receive an award of up to $2,500.00 in annual scholarship funds. The annual award will be divided equally over two semesters (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023), provided that the award recipient is enrolled and attends each such semester. Each semester’s award will be disbursed directly to the school prior to the beginning of such semester.
The DOMSE Scholarship will be granted based on the Scholarship Committee’s determination of an applicant’s merit, and not based upon need.
The Scholarship Committee’s determination is final and not subject to review.
In making its award decision, the Scholarship Committee will consider each applicant’s high school grades, scholarship essay, parish involvement, academic involvement, pastoral recommendation, and other relevant factors.
ALL FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 1, 2022
A completed DOMSE Scholarship Application consists of 3 items:
- The scholarship application (You are responsible to submit) SUBMIT HERE
- The Pastor’s evaluation (You are responsible to talk to your Pastor and have them submit) SUBMIT HERE
- High School Transcripts (You are responsible to talk to your High school and have them email or mail the transcript)
Have your High School email the transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Mail them to this address:
404 Sandringham Court
Winter Springs, FL 32708
(OPTIONAL: You may also submit your college entrance exam scores (SAT, ACT, CLT, etc.))
If you wish to download the full application form and submit it in the mail, you can download it here
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions, email email@example.com